Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Thrown into Pool :)


Reliving my swimming pool experiences on 24.10.2010, I had finished my game with Boldbaatar Ulziibayar, A Mongolian player in the World Youth Chess Championship, held at Porto Carras,Greece in the month of October 2010. It was round 5 so we were in the mid way of the hard fought tournament, by then my score modest 3/5. The next day was a rest day. Generally Rest day for experienced players like us, is to eat well, sleep well, and have some recreational activities; those who want to explore the country only take tours to visit around the place, watching historical monuments. I had finished my game before the rest day fairly quickly as my opponent was not such a strong player, so I wasn’t made to sweat to win the game. Came back to room it was around 7 pm, my roommate Sethuraman also returned after finishing his game in few minutes. The big boys of the Indian team went to the dinner together and had the lip-smacking Mediterranean Buffet Cuisine which included Ham,Stew,Broccoli and lot more which needs a whole page to explain. The real fun started after dinner.

We went to the Table Tennis table to find it fully occupied by other countrymen, Then we swished our way to the Table Football in which we are proud to say that we have a great amount of expertise :), had a roaring time over there. At that moment, I felt a urge to go to beach in a chilly night to take snaps, I called upon Anwesh and Swayams to accompany me, so that we can have a wonderful time in the beach with the shore located inside our 7-Star Hotel, Anwesh and Swayams accepted to come under one condition that no Sweaters, no jacket should be worn. I accepted their demand. We went to the freezing beach with our respective cameras, to take some snaps. Then I hit upon the idea of having a threesome snap, In movies you would have seen three guys having guns in their hands and aiming at each other, so at the end all three will die firing at the same time or only hero escaping the gun shot. We readied ourselves for that fabulous shot.


Had a wonderful time in the beach on our way back we found the Night Club without not much of Partying going there, so we just entered there and made a few short dance steps and came back to the main action place the Table Football table.

In the meantime when we had gone to the Beach, my other team mates had hatched a plan to push me inside the swimming pool; I said OK when they said that they are gonna push me into the swimming pool as I had no other option they were fully determined to push me; I gave my camera and other gadgets in some safe hands and was ready for the push. Sethuraman,Anwesh,Swayams,Srinath,Nitin threw me with swing movement. I was fully soaked in water in that chilly night with temperature being only 4 degree Celsius, Think of my situation, even though this situation was quite humiliating, Its worth remembering because of the fun the guys had pushing me and the experiencing of the chilly winter in Greece. But sadly the picture which was taken when I was pushed into the swimming pool got deleted due to Swayams carelessness :(


Hope you enjoyed my style of writing and my experience, Waiting eagerly to hear your comments. Signing off is K.Priyadharshan who hasn't yet learned the art of swimming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment