Monday, June 20, 2011

Physics and Practicals followed by curiosity


As the proverb says ' Curiosity kills the cat' it happens quite often.I may not be sure that curiosity mostly leads to embarrassing situations but sometimes it does when you are over curious..Well this incident is one such when i was damn curious in physics class..Our group was provided with two beakers one filled with kerosene and another with hydrogen oxide (water, of course).The aim was to measure the density of the liquid with help of lead shots. As usual my friends allowed me to do first knowing my uncontrolled anxiousness ..Oh,yeah ! i did it and the results were good except for the kerosene in my hand.My friend and i reached the cleaning room down the staircase ..There were two non-identical liquids in two bottles in the rack..I took some content of one bottle and poured water ( of course, curiosity)and saw the building up froth.. I was not happy with it thinking it must be something else.My friend convinced me and I washed my hands with it..It was then like the police who enter the climax there came the maid .As soon as she saw me she clasped her hand to her mouth and whispered" its phenol , child' ..I looked at her miserably and asked ' i beg your pardon'... followed by a moment of silence..The bell rang for lunch break and imagine myself to eat lunch ...My friend had a hearty laugh all the way to the class while i kept staring at her..When explained about this to my teacher who handled physics she said' nothing will happen'..Of course, NOTHING of this sort will never happen again..I swear :P

Hams signing of with horrible thoughts of Physics hoping none would venture the same :)

2 comments:

  1. Mam... u might have been curious...but records tell water is di-hydrogen oxide...!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well..over curiosity may often to mis-naming of certain things..That's why never be damn curious like me ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete