Thursday, June 09, 2011

Punctuality Does Not Knock The Door....

Hey Guys,
                I define punctuality like this - "It is the art of guessing how late the other fellow is going to be".Or we can have it this way , "Punctuality is a virtue,if you don't mind being alone". There is a thick line,well,not really a line but rather a strong concrete wall between me and punctuality.My mom tries to break it,but I don't want to,because I personally like being late everywhere.
                  By telling about punctuality,everyday in the morning I get to know the exact definition of school bus- "It is a vehicle which runs twice as fast when you are chasing it than when you are sitting inside it"......
So when,you ask my school bus conductor - "How punctual is Sethu??" She would tell- "He is a very good lad,he never fails to take a warm up before boarding the bus". To be accurate,I am an optimist in guiding myself not to be on time,I don't really know why I am liking so much to be irregular!!
                  If in case I am going on time to a place,I do have some tricks downloaded from my brain-box to make it the way I like it to be.You know what I do? I take two steps front and one step backward...like this... on and on.....it goes on...And eventually till I forget where I am going [Slight exaggeration,don't mind].
                  I am neutral to people who are very punctual.But I hate one class of people to the core - "Those who try to make ME punctual!". So whenever I get an invitation to go somewhere....If I had to report by 7 in the evening,they would tell me that the program is scheduled at 6.But still,knowingly or unknowingly,I turn up only at 7:30.It might take a couple of minutes more,but those are trivial issues...Or I consider to be "On time"when I get there.
                   In some case,even if I try to be punctulal,it goes the other way round.I console myself with the popular saying - "First bird gets the worm,but the second mouse gets the cheese.." By telling this am not trying to convey you are smart if you are not on time,well,its just an extra fitting to cover up your irregularity in a smaller cause.
                   Well,no matter how punctual others are and I am not,I am just happy about one fact,no matter what..."We all human beings traveling at the exact speed of 60 minutes per hour!! " :) :D
                                                                                                                 Signing Off,
                                                                                          Sethu Raman[closing the door against punctuality]

1 comment: