Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pleasures of joining an ngo

                          Pleasures of joining an ngo
Note:
This   is my first  article  in “  A  PARK  OF THOUGHTS “. If you find it as a series of unrelated  events, my  apologies.!  Here I have penned down some of the nostalgic  instances of my  life; one  needs  to learn to float through a  cloud  of  thoughts....

                        When I was in my 3rd class , My mom used to take me to school and walk me back again. The lanes of my school were always kludged with beggars and rag pickers. These beggars were mostly old, sick or leprosy attacked. It was a rainy day & the rain din’t seem to stop;

as I was almost drenched I was prepared to walk home alone. On my way I saw this fever stricken poor man shivering of cold. I rendered him my serviette (which was all I had)., he gave me a sigh of brim and I walked back home thinking, how miserable the lives of these people would be ...!? As usual I explained my mom what happened and how enamoured I was to help them! Just then, she gave me a prelude of how she has planned to celebrate my birthday. yeah, she enlightened me there were homes in which such people were taken care of and that we were going to serve  lunch to one such a home on my birthday .I somehow consoled my parents to join this man in that home. As per our plan we  joined him there the very next day... I was elated to the peak that day.!    
                      This was reminiscence from my past. Even though one of them has got a place to dwell a lot of them were still strolling around the streets. A feeling of restlessness gripped on to me. At the core of my heart, there were sounds of elastic drumbeats; I have experienced the cry of those sounds .They made me mad, they made me eccentric but not a rebel. And I wish I lend a scoop on the path towards the serpents’ beat.
                  This   quote by Stephen Grellet echoes in my mind ever since I got it from 1 of my friends
                  I shall pass this way but once; any good , therefore ,that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being ,let me do it now .Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.....”
                     

 

                    Today, I am much older than what I was then. My life has given me a lot of experience and these have got me to evolve. My purpose in earth  is something more which is going to differentiate myself from the rest . And it is this difference which is going to bear: smile in a face, hope in a heart, satisfaction to the soul!
                    I was initially lurched by a lot of obstacles . Joining an NGO gave me confidence, my visions were clear. In the camaraderie of the path of this river ( the NGO) , I am not travelling alone , there are a lot of likeminded sizzling youths rafting along with me in the same track .
            "    The journey of a milolion miles starts with a single step.
                 A casual conversation,a stray of  thought. You may start
                     
                      barefoot without a map ., but somewhere along the way you find your rhythm.
                      
                      And fellow travellers join the step "

                                                               with many more interesting experiences 

                                                                    this is  me.,                                                                       
                                                                           Sahanaa Elangovan   ...

                                    

4 comments:

  1. nice sahanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a nice start and its really good to c youngsters like you getting involved in NGO..the community needs a lot of support from us and unless v take steps to improve the surroundings around us, nothing is gonna improve...

    keep the momentum going!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete